Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • MS-DEFCON 2: Check to see that Auto Update is turned off

Home Forums AskWoody blog MS-DEFCON 2: Check to see that Auto Update is turned off

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  anonymous 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

Looks like there’s a slew of patches waiting, for a dozen different platforms, including all versions of Windows (even RT 8.1!), Office, IE, Skype and
      [See the full post at: MS-DEFCON 2: Check to see that Auto Update is turned off]

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #136268 Reply

Sam
      AskWoody Lounger

Oh Great.  Here we go again.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #136278 Reply

alpha128
        AskWoody Lounger

Oh Great. Here we go again. – Sam

My thoughts exactly!

I sure hope things go more smoothly than last month.

• #136322 Reply

anonymous

On my system (W7 Home, Office 2010) KB 4011089 still shows up as unchecked. Can anyone shed any light?

~Annemarie

• #136353 Reply

woody
        Da Boss

Wait just a few hours and we should know more.

I hope.

• #136902 Reply

anonymous

Something in last night’s release absolutely f*ed up the ability to use our ERP system on Windows 7 + IE 11

Today, users are struggling to enter data into fields.  Javascript routines are failing, causing the data entered to clear itself out.

Of course, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, iOS and Android Browsers continue to work fine.

Thanks Microsoft. You guys are really awesome at being completely awful.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #137168 Reply

anonymous

Details? Did you get it working again?

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: MS-DEFCON 2: Check to see that Auto Update is turned off

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.