Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • KB3150513—installed 3/15/17 —Computer has not run since! Just coincidence?

Posted on learnEVERYday Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 KB3150513—installed 3/15/17 —Computer has not run since! Just coincidence?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Microfix 7 months ago.

• Author

learnEVERYday
      AskWoody Lounger

Love Woody’s Site
      Have Dell N7010– purchased 02-27-2011 –Held up by Dell before being to upgrade — one of the last Dell computers to be able to upgrade to WIN 10 — + 1 year after release! Non compatible forever— it seemed. Finally compatible.

KB3150513 downloaded last on 3/15/17 . Restarted and then shut down for the night.

Next start up . Nothing… Does not get to windows — led light flashes about a second. Purchased a new keyboard after doing lots of things. Same thing happens. Checked the power — usual things. Did not make any difference after removing battery, discharge capacitance, etc. Unable to advise about beeps– had audio off and wifi disabled . Display black in darkened room. Hard to believe the motherboard went like that. Worth buying new power AC Adapter, Battery pack anyway ? No indications of a problem before the last separate KB. Just a coincidence?

Any comments about this KB and ability to run after update ? All valid software.

Dell N7010—i5 — Best computer I ever had ! Not ready to dump even though have newer computers.

iNquisiTIVE

• #102686 Reply

Noel Carboni
      AskWoody MVP

Honestly it sounds like basic hardware failure.

What does Dell tell you to do to diagnose the problem? They likely published some kind of guide.

This is why I advise people to make a Recovery drive (on a USB stick). That can be booted when the system won’t.

-Noel

• #102693 Reply

anonymous

?: says

have you thought about the CMOS battery? 6 years is a long time for a button battery especially if you were running without the AC charger. all the laptops i’ve picked up from ebay needed a fresh batt. As Noel says, follow the Dell repair tree, my $ is on cmos battery…

• #102732 Reply

Microfix
      AskWoody Lounger

Next start up . Nothing… Does not get to windows — led light flashes about a second.

Do you get any start-up screens on boot-up?  i.e bios info screen for a second or two? Can you access the BIOS at all?

If you don’t get any visual display on boot-up, have you tried pluging in an external monitor and then try booting the system?

| 3 PC W8.1 Pro x64 | | 1 PC Linux Hybrids x64 | | 1 PC Windows XP Pro x86 (offline) |
        No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created IT - AE

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: KB3150513—installed 3/15/17 —Computer has not run since! Just coincidence?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.